Uniform and equipment
We are extremely proud of our school and students. Our young people are a credit to their families and they represent St Cuthbert's and the local community exceptionally well. This is partly due to the fact that a large majority of students not only wear the correct uniform, but wear their uniform correctly and with pride.
All students should:
- Dress neatly and take pride in their appearance
- Wear the correct school uniform that is clean and smart
- Wear full school uniform when travelling to and from school
- Provide a note of explanation from parents/carers if the correct school uniform is not worn to school
- Hair to be worn in a reasonable style and of a natural colour (no extreme hair styles are allowed, no lines, shapes, patterns or writing should be cut into the student’s hair).
- Acceptable jewellery - one pair of ear studs worn in the ears and a wrist watch.
- Make up is not permitted (including nail varnish).
- Blazers to be worn at all times
- No outdoor coats to be worn in the building
- No hoods to be worn on the school premises
All outdoor coats should be black in colour.
Uniform Suppliers (suppliers of full uniform and sportswear)
38 Bridge Street, St.Helens WA10 1NW
T: 01744 451812
91-93 Church Street, St Helens, WA10 1AJ
T: 01744 752003
All students should arrive at school ready to learn. With this in mind, your child should have the following equipment with them every day:
- Bag – compulsory even on non-PE days.
- Black pen
- Red pen
- CASIO fx-83GT Plus Scientific Calculator
We advise that stationery equipment is kept in a pencil case. If your child would like to bring any other equipment e.g. colouring pencils, pens, highlighters etc, they are free to do so. Your child should also carry a reading book with them at all times.
If students do not have a pencil case with stated equipment, they will be expected to purchase a pre-packed pencil case from the school office (priced at £1) with the following contents: Pencil case, black pen x 2, red pen, pencil, ruler, eraser, sharpener, highlighter and protractor.
Students should also purchase/keep in their pencil case a Casio Scientific Calculator also available to buy from the school office.