Thursday Lunchtime saw the launch of Skipping Club with Ms Moa.
Here are 7 reasons why skipping is good for you:
1. Skipping improves your heart rate
2. Tones muscles in your Upper and Lower body
3. Can help with weight loss
4. Improves bone density for strong and healthy bones
5. Helps with balance, co-ordination and agility
6. Fairly in-expensive, as you will only need a rope and some sensible footwear
7. Gives a full body workout
And more importantly it’s good fun, and great to do with friends!
Skipping has been a key part to all Boxer’s training because of the fitness benefits, but it also helps with footwork and timing. It can improves overall stamina and strength, and skipping regularly as part of your workouts can help build speed and confidence.
There are all different types of skipping that you can do, and lots of tricks that you could master. Search for skipping tutorials on youtube if you want to see how to get started.